• To provide Manitobans with an opportunity to participate in a common, province-wide, organized, athletic event.
• To provide opportunities for Manitobans to compete within the spirit of fair play, for the joy of effort and for the sense of physical and social well being.
• To provide all participants with the opportunity to develop their skill level and interest in sport.
• To provide opportunities to identify Manitobans wishing to pursue higher levels of competition.
• To strengthen provincial unity through the Games.
• To foster participation and development at the regional and provincial levels.
• To foster and promote the growth of, and partnership between, local, regional and provincial sport organizations, leagues and programs.
• To provide an opportunity for the development of athletes, coaches, officials and volunteers.
• To provide each hosting community with a legacy of upgraded equipment, facilities, officials and volunteers.
• To focus on athletes between the ages of ten to twenty-one (10-21).
• The Power Smart Manitoba Games follow the Olympic cycle, taking place every two years, alternating between summer and winter events.
• The program is administered by Sport Manitoba and implemented by the Manitoba Games Council.
• Sport Manitoba, Manitoba's corporate community, participant registration fees and local fundraising efforts fund the program.
• 1200 volunteers are trained to operate a multi-sport event.
• The provincial host community benefits from in excess of $150,000 in sport facility capital upgrades.
• There is an opportunity for a monetary surplus at the completion of the Games. Previous financial legacies have ranged from $10,000 to $100,000.
• 1800 participants and a large number of family members contribute to an economic impact of over one million dollars on the host community.