REGIONAL REGISTRATION BOUNDARIES
- The Games are open to Canadian citizens and landed immigrants residing in Manitoba whose domicile or actual residence is located within the province
- Athletes must have domicile or actual residency for three months prior to the provincial finals within the recognized boundaries of the region in which they are competing. See links to regional maps below.
- Athletes who reside outside of Manitoba's boundaries but who traditionally have registered with Manitoba’s Provincial Sport Organizations are eligible. (I.e. Residents of Northwest Ontario and Denare Beach and Creighton, Saskatchewan.)
- In all cases participants registering for the Manitoba Games must adhere to the established regional boundaries
- Students attending school on a full time basis outside their home region shall be permitted to compete for either their home region or their resident region subject to a regional release request.
- If an individual wishes to participate in the Manitoba Games but plays his/her chosen sport in a region (preferred) other than their region (home) of residence, that individual must obtain permission prior to the start of both the home region and the preferred region’s qualifiers. The individual must fill out a Regional Release form provided by his/her home region. The home region, the preferred region, and the Provincial Sport Organization must all sign the release form and forward to the Sport Manitoba for approval. Notice to the athlete will be received through his/her home region
- If a participant fails to qualify in a sport for the provincial finals in his/her preferred region, he/she cannot attempt to qualify in that sport in another region.
- An individual athlete's eligibility for each sport qualifier will be outlined in the technical package for that sport.
Questions of an athlete/team's eligibility must be directed to the appropriate Provincial Sport Organization and Sport Manitoba.
For a map of the regional boundaries please click the appropriate region:
For more information on regional try outs please contact your regional office